10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
IMPLICATIONS OF PAUL’S SUMMONS TO WARFARE:
1. SHOULD A PERSON & THE COLLECTIVE CHURCH WHO WALKS THE PATH OF CHRIST BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY FACE DIFFICULTY?
2. SHOULD A PERSON OF CHRIST BE SURPRISED BY FRIENDLY FIRE?
3. IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ZERO DIFFICULTY IN YOUR WALK WITH CHRIST, ONE PROBABLY NEEDS TO REEXAMINE IF THEY HAVE ACCEPTED THE SUMMONS OF CHRIST. ACCEPT YOUR SUMMONS
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
IMPLICATIONS OF PAUL’S DIVINE ARMOR:
1. WHEN IT COMES TO STANDING AND WALKING, BE SURE NOT TO FIGHT LIKE THE DEVIL FOR THE THINGS OF GOD!
2. WHAT IS THE BAROMETER FOR KNOWING IF YOU ARE OR AREN’T? THE DIVINE ARMOR SHOULD LEAD TO THE MANIFESTATION OF MORE OF FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IN OUR LIVES WE ARE CALLED TO BE KNOWN FOR OUR LOVE…WHICH MEANS SAYING THE RIGHT THINGS, IN THE RIGHT WAY, AT THE RIGHT TIME. PUT ON THE ARMOR
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
IMPLICATIONS OF PAUL’S PRAYER & SOLIDARITY:
1. WHEN DIFFICULTY COMES, PRAYER IS NOT AN AFTER THOUGHT, BUT RATHER SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE MANIFESTED CONTINUALLY AS WE WALK
2. PRAYER SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT IS DONE WITH SOLIDARITY IN MIND
3. THE BI-PRODUCT OF A HEALTHY COMMUNITY OF FAITH IS PRAYER FOR ONE ANOTHER & PRAYER FOR THE WORLD TO KNOW WHO JESUS IS FIND SOLIDARITY
ACCEPT YOUR SUMMONS, PUT ON THE ARMOR, FIND SOLIDARITY